Everyone wants to be happy, people think of happiness as an objective or as an end state. However happiness is just about the perspective. If you hold the right perspective even the smallest of moment can make you happy. On the other hand if you are too serious about everything, life will become boring and you will struggle to find happiness.
People push them hard to feel happy and end up feeling disappointed. If we will keep thinking about achieving happiness, it will get even tougher to experience happiness. Happiness can be culturally determined or is influenced by parents/ family but perspective still plays major role. People think if they will have a particular job, attain a particular degree, win a competition or earn six figure salary then they will become happy.
Happiness cannot be pursued, especially if you think that dancing makes someone else happy, it shall make you happy too. Someone enjoys partying, while others may get happy by cooking, someone else may just feel happy when they are close to nature, someone might get happy by listening to music or singing.
The conclusion is not to get carried away by others’ idea of happiness rather introspect to know yours. We know, it is easier said than done. So, we have made a small cheat sheet to be a happier version of self.
- Do not forget to smile and prioritize your happiness over everything.
- Focus on your blessings more than your failures.
- Minimize your expectations from self and others to avoid disappointments.
- Give yourself enough breaks and time to relax.
- Gradually find your own unique idea of happiness and till then enjoy every moment be it your favourite dish, be it a smiling stranger baby or binge watching your favourite web-series.
Happiness is not a goal state It is a way of life