Human beings are social animals while the only measure that can restrict the spread of COVID19 pandemic is social distancing. Thus everyone is supposed to follow distancing and even lockdown in few countries/states which has created dilemma in mental health care. Physical distancing is turning into emotional distancing for some. People away from each other result into more people seeking psychological treatment for anxiety, stress and depression.
Undoubtedly the current circumstances are mentally challenging and emotionally draining. All of us are going through a collective communal trauma. In fact a massive hike has been observed in the number of people reaching out to get therapy support ever since the lockdown. Beside new cases, people with in lined or scheduled appointments with psychologists or counsellors are suffering too. At the same time, providing these services has become difficult for mental health professionals to provide services and reach in person due to lockdown.
Thus, online therapy has become a saviour during the lockdown scenario.
If you want to shift from conventional offline counselling sessions to online one, fortunately platforms like HopeQure provide certified psychiatrists and psychologists.
You may continue to receive psychological aid/services via online mode without being bothered about lockdown.
Your appointments would not get postpones rather you will have a better session experience with the comfort of your home, ease of your time and safety of your private device.
Checklist to find the suitable online counselling platform
- A secured and encrypted online platform for safety and privacy for personal information.
- Preferably video-counselling portal in order to provide an experience closer to in-person therapy session.
- User friendly interface and simple process or access to services.
- Licensed and experienced mental health professionals (such as guidance counsellors, psychologists, other therapists) with certified credential check.
- Specialist available for variety of needs such as stress, anxiety, depression, phobias, PTSD and other issues.
- Reviews and ratings of those who have already availed the services /previous clients.
- Easily managed appointments, payments, reminders, and feedback.
Online therapy is a saviour during lockdown