When we love someone, we dont want to risk/lose them. Even though the feeling that we might lose someone we love is very common we might all feel it in our lives at some point. Interesting to note that fear is a biological reaction mechanism. But still one need to understand how do to respond to a fear of loss if we cant do something, even if everything seems okay.
It is normal for someone to be anxious about their health and it is also natural for someone to be anxious about their family and friends. But, in certain people, these matters can grow into more awkward fears and worries. The anxiety of losing someone we love is called thanatophobia. Another meaning of thanatophobia is the fear of death, that is, when someone is afraid of death or their close one, they have thanatophobia. The Greek word thanto that means death and phobia means fear.
Few ways to overcome thanatophobia
- Stop trying to control things while it can be difficult, note that many things in life are out of your control, including fear of failure.
- Recognition of death and suffering is part of life many things happen to everyone in their lifetime, and coping with death is certainly one of those things.
- Spend some time alone with yourself. It is going to give you positive energy. Relax and spend a little time on your own to deal with thanatophobia and have the requisite confidence to conquer fear.
- Trust yourself that you can deal with all of the fear of failure, it must be troubling how youre going to carry on if it happens. However, you must believe in yourself how strong you are.
- It might feel difficult to move on if anything bad happens. Believe that life goes on. It could seem like life ends right there, where theres a loss. Yet life goes on, time goes by, and youre going to go along with it.
- Although life is difficult to move on your way. But to make things better, you must understand that the suffering of loved ones is going to happen one day, whether you like it or not, you are forced to lose your loved ones. The earlier you understand, you will be able to conquer your fear.
- Also, remember that its never too late. Even though you have the worst fear of losing somebody you love, know that theyre already alive in your memories and your thoughts. Anything youre doing is inspired by them. In that, you can take real comfort.
Thanatophobia, the fear of losing someone you love is very common. The above facts will help you overcome this fear and if it doesn’t help then you might need to seek professional help. Its treatment concentrates on becoming skilled at refocusing the anxieties and talking about your concerns and feelings.
Fear of losing Someone you love